|Bleecker Area Merchants' and Residents' Association (BAMRA) welcomes you to the heart of Greenwich Village
BAMRA was formed in 1992 to serve the residents and merchants from Houston Street to West Third Street and from Mercer Street to Avenue of the Americas. An all-volunteer not-for-profit organization, we provide a wide range of services and support for our neighbors and businesses.
The next BAMRA Liquor License Application Meeting is on Monday, December 5th at 6:30pm at Falucka , 162 Bleecker Street
- Liberty Theatres LLC, d/b/a Minetta Lane Theatre,18-22 Minetta Ln. (RW – Bar)
- Romagna Corp., d/b/a N/A, 182 Bleecker St. (OP – Restaurant) (Upgrade to OP with rear garden)
The next BAMRA General Meeting is on
- Banter Hospitality Group, d/b/a Banter, 169 Sullivan St. (OP- Restaurant)
- Manousheh, 193 Bleecker St. (Discussion on Addition of Oustside Bench)
- Hello Saigon, Inc., d/b/a N/A, 180 Bleecker St. (RW – Retaurant) (Laid Over Until Next Month)
Wednesday, December 7th
at Little Red School House, 272 6th Ave
(enter on 6th Ave; receptionist will direct you to meeting room)
- 6th Precinct Police Update
- Discussion of Monday Night's Liquor License Meeting
- Adding New Garbage Cans to the Neighborhood
- Holiday Decorating Contest
- Dessert Crawl / Membership Drive
- Old Business
- New Business
|Other BAMRA activities for the community have included
Be a Responsible Member of Your Community:
Keep up to date on what's going on in your neighborhood
Among BAMRA's many activities, we:
- Plant greenery to keep the area beautiful.
- Provide holiday decorations, making the area brighter and more cheerful throughout the season.
- Get involved in local land use issues and provide guidance to the Community Board and local elected officials on local quality-of-life matters in our area.
- Organize and run programs for local families and children.
- Remove graffiti on street furniture and paint the lampposts, mailboxes and street signs in the neighborhood.
- Participate in local street fairs which raise funds for community needs.
- Increase awareness of illegal drug use, underage drinking and public safety issues.
- And much more!
Please let us know if you would like to be on our e-mail list so we can notify you of upcoming meetings and events. Contact us at email@example.com for more information about our activities or to request a membership application.
November 5th, 2016 @ 2pm: BAMRA joined the community at the Mercer Playground and planted Daffodil Bulbs for their Annual Green Up Effort! A Special Thank You to the New Yorkers for Parks "Daffodil Project" for donating the bulbs.
photo by Tequila Minsky
May 14, 2016 and May 30, 2015 - BAMRA again hosted Bike New York's program:"Learn to Ride - Kids" for children who are getting ready to ride a two-wheeled bicycle! 30 children attended the event in Mercer Playground, and more than half rode out as cyclists! Coverage of the 2015 event in The Villager at: http://thevillager.com/2015/06/04/bicycle-bicycle-i-want-to-ride-my-bicycle/
April 16th, 2016: BAMRA brought a shredding truck to Bleecker Street right after traditional "tax day" so people could get rid of sensitive documents and clear space in their homes. In addition, NYPD came out to protect the documents prior to being shred and to enable people to register their portable electronics. The Villager covered this year's event at http://thevillager.com/2016/05/05/bring-out-your-shred-register-your-laptops/
December, 2015: BAMRA organized a Holiday Lights decorating contest to help the the 2015 holiday season be bright and beautiful throughout the BAMRA area.
April 25th, 2015 - a Community Shred event on Bleecker Street that helped people safely get rid of sensitive documents while protecting themselves against Identity Theft.http://thevillager.com/2016/05/05/bring-out-your-shred-register-your-laptops/